Become a Web Developer Online in 24 Weeks
Online Washington University in St. Louis Coding Boot Camp
Web development is a fast-growing career track, and Washington University Coding Boot Camp teaches you the specialized skills you need to tap into this rewarding industry. Through a fast-paced, immersive curriculum, you’ll learn the skills needed to become proficient in front end and back end technologies.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
- Gain access to continuation courses that cover additional in-demand technologies, including Python, Java, C# and Amazon Web Services.
- Simulate a professional work environment by teaming up with your peers and put your new skills into practice on complex projects.
- Receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the Technology & Leadership Center at Washington University McKelvey School of Engineering.
- Benefit from edX’s wide set of career services including: resume and social media profile support, technical interview preparation, portfolio reviews, soft skills training and 1:1 coaching to help you launch or advance your career.
As you embark on this 24-week journey, you’ll dive into a challenging curriculum and learn more than you thought was possible. With a virtual classroom environment and collaboration with your classmates, you will get hands-on experience in full stack web development.
Industry-Driven Full Stack Curriculum
We work closely with employers and industry professionals looking for boot camp graduates to optimize our full stack curriculum and ensure we are continually teaching the most in-demand technologies, including*:
A high-level, interpreted scripting language found on most of today’s web pages, this is the programming language that brings your site to life.
Defines the structure and layout of a webpage. This language is critical as it dictates a site’s organization.
Defines the style of a webpage and how it is presented to the user. This language is important because it determines fonts, colors, and positions of webpage elements.
A front end framework used to design responsive websites and web apps. This framework is fundamental to achieving good performance.
A database management system used to store and retrieve data. This system is critical for developers as most applications today require a MySQL database to preserve information.
A document-oriented NoSQL database. This database is critical for security and it is trusted to power business-critical applications in over 50 percent of the Fortune 100 companies.
A web application framework for Node.js. This framework play a crucial role in the flow of data between server and routes in server-side applications.
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
Get Program Info
Innovative Online Experience
Our part-time online coding boot camp was designed for busy, working professionals like you. We understand that you need the flexibility to fit your education around your existing work and life commitments, but we also know that accountability is needed to help you become a web developer.
Get job ready through hands-on experience with the latest front end and back end technologies, and build a portfolio of projects to showcase your knowledge.
Engaging Virtual Classes
Attend class from wherever you are. Our online classes are NOT lectures: they’re designed to be engaging and interactive sessions. Work with other members of your tightly-knit cohort and broaden your experience, while leaning on your instructor and teaching assistants.
Receive extensive support from a team dedicated to helping you succeed. This support team consists of instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, and student success and career services teams.
Job Planning Assistance
You will have access to a dedicated career director and career material advisor that will help you prepare to find your dream job after completing the boot camp through a wide range of career services.
When learning to code, it’s important to have help available when you need it. Our online coding boot camp offers you multiple layers of support from a team of people who have your back, including:
Get support from instructors and teaching assistants. Our industry professional instructional staff is there to help you gain the skills you need on your coding journey.
Qualified students will have access to free tutoring upon request and receive up to an hour a week of 1:1 time with a skilled tutor to discuss class material, code reviews or career related questions.
Students receive support from a dedicated team throughout their boot camp journey. Whether you need a coach, some inspiration or someone to talk to about catching up on homework, you’ll always have someone there to help.
You will have access to a dedicated career director and profile coach that will help frame your past experience in a compelling way and help you prepare to land your dream job after completing the boot camp.
- Industry speakers and events
- Resume, LinkedIn and portfolio development
- Technical and behavioral interview preparation
Students will have a classroom full of fellow aspiring coders to collaborate with, ask questions or motivate each other through difficult material. The virtual classes allows students to bolster their professional network, extending beyond graduation. Once you complete the program, you will become a member of our boot camp alumni community, which brings a wealth of networking opportunities.
Why Join Our Online Coding Boot Camp
Our Online Coding Boot Camp was built for a wide range of individuals, whether they are already working professionals or people looking to take their first professional job. All professions are welcome and if any of the following applies to you, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for:
You’re looking to advance your current career and learn coding skills to open up new opportunities
You’re interested in switching careers and want to become a professional web developer
You want to enhance your coding skills or learn web development to advance in your role
How to Apply to the Coding Boot Camp
- Submit Form. Fill out the contact form and select the program you’re interested in to request more information.
- Interview and Application. An adviser will connect with you to discuss program details and answer any questions you may have. Then, you will fill out a short application.
- Assessment. Complete a basic multiple-choice critical thinking and problem-solving assessment. No prior industry knowledge is required.
- Enrollment. Once you are accepted into the program, you will determine which financial option is right for you. Secure your seat by signing your enrollment agreement and paying your deposit.
Coding Boot Camp Schedule
Part-Time Online Coding Boot Camp
- 24-week online program
- Study part-time while maintaining your existing professional, educational or personal obligations
- Learn through live online classes three days per week and real-world projects and assignments
- Dedicate 9 hours of scheduled in-class time per week and a minimum of 20+ hours outside of class on hands-on projects and practice work
Currently Enrolling: » Coding Part-Time 6/05/23 » Data Analytics Part-Time 3/13/23 » Cybersecurity Part-Time 7/31/23
» Coding Part-Time 6/05/23
» Data Analytics Part-Time 3/13/23
» Cybersecurity Part-Time 7/31/23
Frequently Asked Questions
No, admission to Washington University is not a requirement for enrollment in the Coding Boot Camp. This program is offered through Washington University in St. Louis McKelvey School of Engineering.
While some background knowledge is helpful, no experience is needed as long as you are dedicated and eager to learn. The pre-course tutorials will help you prepare for the Coding Boot Camp.
Our part-time program costs $12,245.* Scholarships and payment plans are available for those who qualify.
*Tuition is subject to change